Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shabby Cheap Bedroom Decorating Ideas





While I love the look of shabby Chic bedroom furniture and accessories, my bank account just does not quite agree with me. Besides, I've never been interested in decorating my home so it looks exactly like a magazine. I want my home to be unique, do not look like every other home across America. So, with an eye toward a vile-ness and the other on my wallet, I came up with some shabby cheap bedroom decorating ideas on my own.


bedding - If you are familiar with threadbare sheets then you will know that lots of soft, pastel colors: pink pink and sky blue and minty green and buttery yellow. A patterns are generally sensitive floral patterns mixed with some lines here and there. There are usually several patterns and stripes combined to give you that old-fashioned patchwork effect. You probably noticed that they are very expensive.


Scout thrift stores and discount warehouses for linen patchwork quilts and bed skirts. There is nothing that says your bedspread, bed skirt, sheets and pillow cases all have to come in the same bag, and be made of the same material matching. That's the fun of old cheap decorating. I picked up a blanket, two quilts, comforters, bed skirt and pillow cases plus in less than half the price of a shabby Chic blanket and my bed looks like it was drawn up by the designer.


furniture - This is the fun part. One of my favorite bedroom decorating ideas is a chair. Yes, chairs. Not upholstered chairs, but wooden, ladder-back chairs from the old Dining room. I love picking up the mismatched chairs and use them to decorate all through my house. Sometimes I give them a fresh coat of paint, but usually I leave them ugly. And since I already know what you think I'm crazy, let me tell you how I use them:


furniture - This is the fun part. One of my favorite bedroom decorating ideas is a chair. Yes, chairs. Not upholstered chairs, but wooden, ladder-back chairs from the old Dining room. I love picking up the mismatched chairs and use them to decorate all through my house. Sometimes I give them a fresh coat of paint, but usually I leave them ugly. And since I already know what you think I'm crazy, let me tell you how I use them:

...

- in the bedroom - I have three chairs in the bedroom. One I use as a nightstand with a small lamp and my alarm clock, and the other I mounted on the wall and it's pretty pink vase with arrangement of silk peonies and a little china bowl for the buttons and pins and takvih.Treći has a bunch of colorful quilts I've picked up along the way and it just adds a splash of color to an otherwise boring corner of the room.


you can find an amazing, unique pieces of furniture at thrift stores. And because you are looking for something that says shabby, you do not have to look at the most expensive, newer pieces. In fact, the cheaper, older and shabbier, the better.


When you are looking for a cheap shabby bedroom decorating ideas you can save a lot of money if you just think outside the box. This thrift shop dresser could be wrong color, but if it is ugly and you're halfway there. Get it for $ 20 instead of $ 400 or $ 500, and take it home and throw a coat of paint on it. Even your paint job may not be perfect - we are talking here shabby, remember


No comments:

Post a Comment